Brain tip of the month
Logic makes us think. Emotions make us act. Right now, there is a lot of fear dictating our actions. What would you do differently if you acted each day with passion?
When you feel: CALM & CLEAR Your life is: Smooth & Focused
When you feel: GRATEFUL & HAPPY Your life is: Productive and Creative
When you feel: PASSIONATE Your life is: Energized, Connected and Miraculous
Do you want to your life to feel energized, connected and miraculous?
Then do the Passion Quest….
Sometimes our passions lie below the surface. It has been so long since we have fed our passions, we forget what they look and feel like. The following exercise will help you to get back in touch with your life’s passions. You need at least 30 minutes in a comfortable place to adequately do this exercise.
It is best to do this with a buddy. Answer the questions out loud. Speaking about your passions with someone else who cares helps you to recall the wonderful feelings they inspire.
Go beyond your logical brain and into your emotional brain. From here, you can find the truth about what you love and what you most desire in life.
CHOOSE AND COMPLETE THREE OF THE FOLLOWING FIVE EXERCISES
· Name the last movie you saw that you loved. Tell what you liked about the story.
· Describe what you like and don’t like about a book you are reading.
· List three of your favorite smells. Describe what the smells remind you of.
· List three of your favorite comfort food. Describe when you last ate these foods.
· List three of your favorite sounds. Explore what you feel when you hear these
sounds and why.
AFTER COMPLETING STEP #1, CAN YOU NAME WHAT YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN LIFE? IF NOT, ANSWER 2-3 OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
· What was one of the best days of your life so far?
· What would you like to be your first thought in the morning?
· Recite your favorite saying or prayer.
· Finish this sentence…If I had a lot of money, I would… After you do what you think you would do with the money, what would you do?
· Finish this sentence...”If I had all the time in the world, I would…”
AFTER COMPLETING STEP #2, CAN YOU NAME YOUR PASSION? IF NOT, ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS. TAKE YOUR TIME TO CONNECT WITH THE TRUTH.
· What questions do you ask yourself when you are alone in your darkest moments?
· What prison are you struggling to free yourself from? What will you do when you are free?
NOW…. GIVE VOICE TO YOUR PASSION.
Note: If you are feeling sad and cannot sense your passion, take the time to think about your answers. Write them down in a journal. See what bubbles up in a few days.
Going into your emotional brain may be uncomfortable for some people if it has been a while since you have ventured there. Yet, if you do this exercise a few times, you will be amazed at the wisdom that comes forth. You need access to this part of your brain to make the right choices for you happiness, health and freedom in life.
Do parts or all of this exercise before you start your day, make an important decision or go to an important meeting. You may do the first part of the exercise with your team to share your passions, especially before you go into problem-solving mode. You might be surprised if you do this exercise with friends or family; maybe you don’t really know what they are passionate about. Wouldn’t it be a nice way to get to know each other better?
If all of the above does not work……… you need help! FAST!!!!
However I am confident you will have rediscovered a bit of yourself that you had forgotten for a long time, or never taken care of!
I leave you for today with my warmest wishes to reaching your passions!
Dr. JP Bonnifay
CEO & Lead Consultant
HPI Sdn. Bhd.