CHOSE YOUR HOOBY TO BE YOUR WORK… OR MAKE YOUR WORK YOUR HOBBY
Reasons to Do What You Love for a Living
“If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life.” Marc Anthony
Making a career out of something you love doing may sound like a pipe dream or, at the very least, the exception to the rule.
But whoever coined the phrase “do what you love and the money will follow” may have been on to something. Numerous studies have shown that happy people tend to earn higher salaries — and it stands to reason that these high-earners are happy — at least in part — because they have jobs they love.
- You feel more fulfilled.
- You are more productive.
- You’re more motivated.
- You become a source of motivation to others.
- Your family and peers look up to you.
- Your mental health improves.
- You want to keep learning and improving.
- You’re a more effective leader.
- You’re excited to tackle new industry challenges.
- Your work doesn’t feel like a chore.
- You can serve others better.
- You push yourself to succeed even more.
I have been advocating for years the idea that you must enjoy what you do, but not only at superficial level, your brain has to enjoy what it is doing, otherwise, you are working against yourself, and probably not doing a good job….
This is where the first Competency of Emotional Intelligence is crucial: Self Awareness. We need to be deeply mindful of our Brain Map, know what we are connected for. We spend so much of our life being who THEY want us to be, focusing on IMPRESSING, that in the end we think that this “FAKE US” is the real one and it gets very hard and painful to distinguish the “REAL US” form the “FAKE US”.
My recommendation…. LET GO!